There are different views about the suitable time for starting to feed a baby. You will need to cook homemade baby food.
Even parents can choose different times of starting to feed their babies.
They may begin as early as three months’ age of their baby, or they may wait until the sixth month.
It’s interesting to note that the growth of these babies is equally normal. It does not mean that this decision is not a significant one, but it suggests that there is no one accurate answer.
It is the parents’ choice of what they find to be nutritionally essential for their babies.
There can be certain modifications according to the taste that babies enjoy more.
Parents are advised to consult the pediatricians before starting solid or semi-solid food for their kids.
Non-organic food can be high in hormones and pesticides; it is safer to choose organic food for babies.
Homemade Baby Food
Some good and tried recipes are given here for parents to have a good choice.
1) Mashed Bananas
When it comes to starting feeding food to babies, mashed bananas usually come first.
They are sweet-flavored, soft textured, and do not cause allergies.
2) Teething Biscuits
They are the first fun food for kids. It is good that you make these biscuits in the home.
Teething biscuits are good for babies older than eight months.
You should supervise your baby while enjoying these biscuits.
Oatmeal is a good choice for whole grains cereals. It contains fiber, omega-3, manganese, and fatty acids.
You can cook it in enough water, diluted with formula milk or breast milk.
Simply mash it and feed it to your baby. For babies of seven months of age or less, you can make its puree.
Avocados make a great choice for blending with different vegetables like squash, spinach, or carrots to improve the nutritional value. Avocados are rich in wholesome monounsaturated fats.
They help in absorbing lycopene, beta-carotene, and wholesome carotenoid antioxidants.
You can feed avocados to six months old babies or older.
5) Apple and Cabbage Baby Food
Babies love the sweet flavor of raisins and apples.
For feeding them to your baby, peel and grate a sweet golden apple, finely chopped red cabbage one cup, water ¼ cup, and golden raisins 2 cups.
Boil them all together in a saucepan, and let it simmer for ten minutes. You can choose to blend it properly or puree it.
6) Organic Apple Sauce puree
It is a great food for young babies of 6 months of age or older. It is best that you prepare this sauce at home.
You can choose to keep it organic without adding salts or sugars.
7) Pear Sauce
It can also be a delicious sweet treat for your young babies. You can prepare a tasty pear sauce for your babies of six months of age or older.
Beets are full of useful nutrients like Vitamin A& C, fiber, and folate. It is a suitable food for little older babies of 8 months of age or more. You can choose to steam it mashed or diced for serving to your baby.
9) Apple and Cinnamon Puree
- Peel some apples
- Boil the apples and cinnamon on a medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Blend it until smooth
- Serve or freeze it.
10) Roasted Banana and Rosemary Puree
- Heat the oven up to 400 degrees
- Roast some bananas in it for about 20 minutes.
- Take out the roasted bananas and let them cool.
- Blend these roasted bananas and the rosemary until smooth.
11) Organic Butternut Squash and Thyme
- Roast the butternut squash for 35 to 50 minutes.
- Blend this roasted butternut squash and fresh thyme in a blender until smooth.
- Serve it.
12) Brown Rice Cereal
- Grind the brown rice in a blender.
- Add two tablespoons of this brown rice powder in a cup of boiling water until it is thick.
- You can add some milk in too.
13) Pear Applesauce
- Steam some peeled apples until they are soft.
- Blend them with the peeled pear chunks.
- Add some cinnamon.
- Serve it.
14) Mango & Banana Puree
- Peel the mango and banana.
- Cut and slice both the mango and banana.
- Blend them.
- You can thin the puree by adding some milk.
15) Yogurt & Berry Swirl
- Blend the raspberries and blueberries in a food processor or a blender.
- Place it on a saucepan and cook it in a medium heat flame until it thickened.
- Cook it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Allow it to cool and then serve it.
Homemade Baby Food Recipes For 1-Year-Old
Some amazing ideas include
- Sweet bell peppers
- snap peas
- Cherry tomatoes
Making tasty baby food is quite easy. This saves great money too.
This way, you know exactly what you are giving to your baby.
All in all, homemade baby food is much healthy and nutritional.
Do Read Best Baby Food Recipes